Thursday, November 17, 2016

Color Coded AND Read it Again, Sam Sign-ups


Back by popular demand! The polls tell me that there is still a lot of love out there for both the Color Coded and Read It Again, Sam Challenges. Since I don't monitor these quite as closely as my other challenges, I am setting these up on the same sign-up and headquarters sites. The headquarters and review links will be posted on the sidebar at the beginning of the year. Here are the challenge descriptions and sign-up links:

The Color Coded Challenge 

Once again the categories will be more open--the color may either be named in the title or it may appear as the dominant color for the cover of the book. For "implies color" the image implying color should dominate the cover--for instance a large rainbow, a field of flowers, or the image of a painter.  Get ready for a rainbow of reading in 2017. 

Once I have a chance to look over my TBR list I'll see if I'm able to do the colors this year. It's getting harder and harder to do that from my own stacks. Once again there will not be a prize offered for this particular challenge this year.

Here are the rules:

*Read nine books in the following categories.
1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.
5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.
7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.
8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).

* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2017 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
*Please post about the challenge on your blog. Sign ups accepted until Nov 1, 2017.
*Please sign up using the Linky below. Give your name & blog (Example: Bev @ My Reader's Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don't connect to just your home page.  Links to a list on GoodReads or other social media sites are also acceptable.
*Please use the Review Headquarters Page (sidebar link coming in January) to post review links and a final wrap-up post when you finish the challenge.  [Reviews are not required--but we'd love to see what you think about the books that you've read if you do review.]

*No blog or GoodReads site? That's okay. Post a comment here to announce your entry into the challenge and when you have completed the challenge just post a comment at the review site with a list of your books.







Read It Again, Sam
For those of you who love to revisit old friends in the book world, I present another round of The Read It Again, Sam Challenge. While not quite as popular as the Color Coded Challenge, this one still has its devotees. There will not be a prize offered for this particular challenge this year.

Rules:

*Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you're lost in a nostalgic haze and want to tackle a higher level, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade.  You cannot change down, however.
*Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2017.
*You may sign up anytime from now until November 1st, 2017.
Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2017 will count no matter when you sign up.

*Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.
 *Please post about the challenge on your blog if you have one and then sign up using the Linky below. Use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don't connect to just your home page.  Links to a list on GoodReads or other social media sites are also acceptable.
*Please use the Headquarters Page [coming at the beginning of the year] to post review links and a final wrap-up post when you finish the challenge.  Reviews are not required--but we would love to see what you think about the books that you've read if you do review.

*No blog or GoodReads site? That's okay. Post a comment here to announce your entry into the challenge and when you have completed the challenge just post a comment at the review site with a list of your books. 
 Levels:

Déjà vu: Reread 4 books
Feeling Nostalgic: Reread 8 books
A Trip Down Memory Lane: Reread 12 books
Living in the Past: Reread 16+ books

 



12 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm in again for the Color Coded Challenge. Thanks again for hosting. I still need to link up my 2016 books!

Jamie Ghione said...

I'm in for Color-Coded again. I love dong that one. Thanks for hosting it again.

TracyK said...

I am glad you decided to go ahead with these, Bev. I will be back to sign up once I do a post.

Jennifer Spencer said...

I'm excited to do both challenges.

Valerie said...

I'm definitely in for the Read it Again, Sam challenge. I'm still thinking about the Color-coded Challenge. I'm going for the highest level because I already re-read a LOT throughout the year.

sunidhi2107 said...

in for the colour coded challenge

J.G. said...

Looking forward to color-coded reading again in 2017!

Katy McCoy said...

I'll be doing colors in titles of mysteries. I already found 9 possibilities although selection is a little heavy with (blood) red, natch!

Anonymous said...

This is my first time to accept a challenge, any challenge, but with Dewey's coming up and a colorful TBR shelf in my closet, count me in!

Bev Hankins said...

Rae: Welcome! Good luck with your colors!

Unknown said...

Since I don't see a final wrap-up link-up, I will summarize how the challenge went for me. I read all of the 8 books that I challenged myself to read. https://catonthebookshelf.wordpress.com/2018/01/01/2017-reading-challenges-wrap-up/
-- Carrie @ Cat on the Bookshelf

Bev Hankins said...

Carrie: If you click on the Color Coded/Read It Again Sam Headquarters on the left-hand sidebar, you will see a link for wrap-up posts.