Monday, January 6, 2014

Bout of Books Starting Line

Ooops. I was so into my reading today that I completely forgot to get my starting post up.  So..here we go.  I'd really like to read at least four more books this week.  More would be better--but four will do it for me.  I say four more because I've already got one under my belt today.  Here's the plan:

1. Shakespeare's Planet by Clifford D. Simak (done! Hope they're all that easy! 1/6/14)
2. The Skeleton in the Clock by Carter Dickson (1/8/14)
3. Shake Hands Forever by Ruth Rendell (90% finished 1/12/14--completed today)
4. Angels & Spaceships by Fredric Brown (1/12/14)
5. Dangerous Visions 3 by Harlan Ellison, ed (1/11/14)
Other possibles:
6. Nemesis by Isaac Asimov
7. Triumph by Philip Wylie
8. Other Times, Other Worlds by John D. MacDonald
Haven't heard of Bout of Books? Looking for a read-a-thon to get your reading year off to a good start? Check out the info from the Bout of Books gals...But do it quick...the linky closes on January 7!


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

No comments: