Sunday, December 8, 2013

Eclectic Reader Challenge

eclecticchallenge2014_300

This is the third year for the The Eclectic Reader Challenge, but it's my first attempt at joining Book'd Out on this one. The goal is to push us outside our comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories. For full details on the challenge and to join up, click on the Challenge link above.

Categories


  1. Award Winning: The Laughing Policeman by Maj Sjöwall & Per Wahlöö (6/8/14)
  2. True Crime (Non Fiction): American Eve: Evelyn Nesbit, Stanford White The Birth of the 'It' Girl, and the 'Crime of the Century' by Paula Uruburu (11/11/14)
  3. Romantic Comedy: Undead & Unpopular by MaryJanice Davidson (6/17/14)
  4. Alternate History Fiction: The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick (2/27/14)
  5. Graphic Novel: Harlan Ellison's 7 Against Chaos by Harlan Ellison (3/17/14)
  6. Cosy Mystery Fiction: A Tale of Two Biddies by Kylie Logan (3/21/14)
  7. Gothic Fiction: A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott (7/3/14)
  8. War/Military Fiction: John Smith: Last Known Survivor of the Microsoft Wars by Roland Hughes (3/17/14)
  9. Anthology: Dangerous Visions #3 by Harlan Ellison, ed (1/11/14)
  10. Medical Thriller Fiction: 12.21 by Dustin Thomason (6/6/14)
  11. Travel (Non Fiction): The Kingdom by the Sea by Paul Theroux (1/20/14)
  12. Published in 2014: The Wonder Chamber by Mary Mallory [pub. Jan 2014] (1/15/14) 

4 comments:

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Thanks for joining me - I look forward to reading your reviews

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Jamie Ghione said...

Hi, I did this one last year and it was fun. It got me interested in reading genres I had not previously read. I will be doing it again next year as well.

Brona said...

Not many titles on your list that I know. I can see that the danger for me in doing these challenges is that I will only end up with more books on my TBR piles!!

Good luck :-)

Bev Hankins said...

Brona Joy...yes, adding to the TBR list is always a danger....