Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Challenge Goal Complete: A Non-Fiction Adventure

  A Non-Fiction
Adventure

August 10, 2013 - August 10, 2018

hosted by Michelle of The True Book addict
at A Non-Fiction Adventure's blog
Sign- up here
 
Back in August I signed up for the Non-Fiction Adventure.  Since this is a perpetual challenge lasting five years, I set myself the goal of reading at least 10 non-fiction books each year (my years will be the calendar years--not August to August).  It's been quite a push to meet that first goal in 2013, but here I am at near the eleventh hour to post success for 2013!  Here are the books read from August through December:

1. The Mystery Lover's Book of Quotations by Jan Horning (ed) [9/27/13]
2. The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkerson (10/1/13) 3. The Measure of a Man by Sidney Poitier (10/6/13) 4. Mystery & Crime: NYPL Book of Answers by Jay Pearsall (10/30/13)  5. By a Woman's Hand by Jean Swanson & Dean James (11/2/13)  6. Good-Bye to All That by Robert Graves (11/7/13)
7. Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence: The First Encounter by James L. Christian (ed) [12/26/13]
8. The Wit & Humor of Oscar Wilde by Alvin Redman (ed) [12/29/13
9. The Armchair Detective Book of Lists by Kate Stine (ed) [12/29/13] 
10. Crime & Mystery: The 100 Best Books by H. R. F. Keating (12/31/13)
 
 
Now I just need to cram three books into the rest of the day to complete the Out-do Yourself Challenge and I'll be finished with all the challenges for 2013!
 

2 comments:

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

You GO girl! Stop reading comments and get back to reading books! :p Happy New Year!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Great job, Bev! I'm going to really put the effort forward to put a dent in this one this year. I'm the host and I'm seriously slacking. haha!