Monday, September 16, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
 
Still one book behind on Goodreads, after a brief moment of the little ticker telling me that I was "on track."  Read, Bev, read!:
 

Books Read (click on titles for review): 
The Yard by Alex Grecian (9/9/13)
The End of the Alphabet by C. S. Richardson 
Famous Ghost Stories edited by Bennett Cerf 
 
 
Currently Reading:
The Temple of Death by A. C. & R. H. Benson: Undeservedly, the weird and chilling ghost stories of Arthur Christopher Benson and Robert Hugh Benson have been neglected for far too long. This volume attempts to rectify that situation. This dark banquet of tales takes us to strange, unworldly and often archaic environments, far removed from the manic pace and pressures of the twenty-first century, but as exercises in the art of luring the reader into a stat of unease they are as potent as they were when the ink was barely dry on the page.
 
 
Books that spark my interest:
The Dreadful Hollow by Nicholas Blake  
A Love Worth Giving by Max Lucado 
The Haunted Doll's House by M. R. James
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
Death Knocks Three Times by Anthony Gilbert 

3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Looks like you have some good "spooky" reads. Enjoy!

Yvette said...

Have I got a book for you,Bev. CORPSE DIPOLOMATIQUE by Delano Ames. I'm reading it now and loving it.

Bev Hankins said...

Yvette: I hate to tell you this...but I've read that one. Albeit, long ago and far away. I do like Ames, though. I've got a couple of his on the TBR stacks.