Monday, August 13, 2012

Challenge Complete: Chunkster Challenge


The Chunkster Challenge is hosted by Wendy & Vasilly and has its own dedicated blog. And I'm back for another round. Definition of a Chunkster:

  • A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) ... A chunkster should be a challenge.

I was reserved this year and signed up for the The Chubby Chunkster. Here are the books read:
 

1. The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Whitechapel Horrors by Edward B Hanna (471 pages) [4/8/12] 
2. The Dead Witness: A Connoisseur's Collection of Victorian Detective Stories by Michael Sims, ed. (576 pages) [5/12/12] 
3. North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell (451 pages) [7/18/12]
4. Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen (462 pages) [8/13/12]

Challenge Complete! [8/13/12]....but I still have two more Chunksters on the TBR list for 2012.  We'll see if I can complete them too. I pushed myself last year and upped my commitment to the "Do These Books Make My Butt Look Big" Level mid-way through.  But I'm not going to official commit to any more. If I make the next level (Plump Primer--six Chunksters), then I do.
 
5. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton (562 pages)
6. 11/22/63 by Stephen King (at 849 pages, this is the big daddy of my chunksters this year)

4 comments:

Man of la Book said...

Great job. I read a few chunckers this year (the grandaddy of all chunckers "War & Peace" included) and I have a few more.

http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

TracyK said...

All of those sound interesting. I have read three of four of my chunksters, and started THE COMING OF THE THIRD REICH for the fourth one, but I just don't know if I can finish it. May have to switch to a fiction book for my last one.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great job, Bev...I did this one, too; also four books. I should have done more, as I still have some chunksters on my stacks! lol

Vasilly said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge!