Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WWW: Wednesdays

WWW: Wednesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This is a weekly meme that I have been participating in for over a year now.

To play along just answer the following three questions....

*What are you currently reading?
*What did you just recently finish reading?
*What do you think you'll read next?

Current:

Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon:
Lucy Graham marries lord Michael Audley and all seems well, until Lord Audley's nephew's friend goes missing whist on a visit to Audley court and fingers start pointing towards the girlish though mysterious Lady Audley ... A fast-paced Victorian thriller that will delight audiences today as well as it did 100 years ago, Lady Audley's secret has subterfuge, kidnapping, jealousy and fraud all thrown into the mix and shaken up for good measure.


Read Since the Last WWW: Wednesday:
The Master of Ballantrae by Robert Louis Stevenson
Kathleen by Christopher Morley
Three Victorian Detective Novels by E. F. Bleiler (ed)
Sir Nigel by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Shatterday by Harlan Ellison


Up Next:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The High Crusade by Poul Anderson
Lucky Jim by Kinglsey Amis
The Arrow by Christopher Morley
Middlemarch by George Eliot (if I'm brave enough)
Parnassas on Wheels by Christopher Morley

3 comments:

DT said...

I hope you like The Book Thief. I thought it was really good.

htpp://www.deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com

Gigi Ann said...

You are a very busy reader. Happy reading this week.

CMash said...

Once again, amazement. I have so much respect for you in the ability to read so much and to enjoy so many vintage mysteries. If I ever, catch up with my requested reviews, I have promised myself to step outside my comfort zone and read one of the books that you love and enjoy.