Thursday, June 9, 2011

Theme Thursday: Numbers


Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between thePage


This week's theme is NUMBERS. Here's my selection from Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen:

Their joy on this meeting was very great, as well it might, since they had been contented to know nothing of each other for the last fifteen years.

11 comments:

Ann said...

Oh a Jane Austen - nice work! Are your reading this for a particular challenge?

http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/theme-thursday_09.html

Unknown said...

Oh I love Northanger Abbey!

fredamans said...

Classic!

kavyen said...

A classic.. Isn't 15 years a long long time? I would just fail to recognize someone from that past...

Bev Hankins said...

@The Book Gatherer: I'm reading this for several challenges--but I would read it anyway. I love Austen!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I haven't read this Jane Austen book...I need to get busy!

Fifteen years is a long time between contacts....

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I have never read a Austen novel. There always seems to be to many new books to read before I get to a classic.

Anonymous said...

Haven't read it either!
Here's Mine

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
I have this book on my TBR list. Haven't gotten around to reading it, there are just too many books to read and not enough time. Thanks for stopping by. Have a question for you. How do you color your words? I've tried, I must not be doing it right or something. Can ya help me out? Just email me or leave a comment. Thanks. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
splummer54@gmail.com

Lauren B said...

Northanger Abbey is one of Austen's best but my favorite is persuasion.
Thanks for stopping by.

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

Great one! I keep meaning to read this book :)