Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hopping into the Weekend

It's time once again for Crazy for Books' weekly Book Blogger Hop. To take part, hop on over to the blog (click on "Crazy for Books"), read the rules, and jump right in. This week's question is: Tell us about the book you are currently reading.

Well, I just started The Green Man by Kingsley Amis. It's one of the books that I'm tackling for the Birth Year Reading Challenge (details can be found over at Hotchpot Cafe). I've read some Amis before, so I'm expecting this one to be good, but I really don't have a feel for it yet.

Here's a synopsis from Amazon: The Green Man is an English country pub run by a typical Kingsley Amis progatonist, a smart, ironical alcoholic philanderer named Maurice Allingham. The pub is haunted by a wicked seventeenth-century scholar and murderer in the Faustian mode named Thomas Underhill. In his truck with the supernatural dark side, Underhill also raised an evil spirit of the forest apparently made of tree parts, known as The Green Man, who rises again when Allingham tries to sort out the skeletons in his closets. Amis in gothic mode is very entertaining, if not very believable...

If you've read this one, I'd love to hear what you thought about it.

22 comments:

BookQuoter said...

Just hopping by and following now. I like that you read a lot of mystery. I have to come back and peruse soon.

agirlreads said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. That sounds like I really interesting books. I love mysteries so I will have to try it out.

Bev Hankins said...

Glad you both stopped by & glad to have new followers!

Unknown said...

Hey Bev =)

I'm stopping by from the Book Blog Hop

and I'm a new Follower!

Happy Friday & Happy Reading!

Have a great weekend!

Larissa
HERE!

Red said...

Stopping by from the hop! The synopsis of that book sounds fantastic. I'll need to check it out!

Rachel said...

Stopping by via the hop! I hope you have a great weekend!

I am a new follower! :)

Rachel
And the plot thickens...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting book. Have a great weekend. Enter My Got Books? Giveaway

CarlyB said...

Hi! Just Hopping by - I'm a new follower :). I'm giving away an ARC of Lauren Kate's Torment, plus seven other books on my blog so do check that out if you decide to stop by.
Have a great weekend,
Carly x

http://carlybennett.blogspot.com

Badass Bookie said...

Hi there, *waves* visiting in th spirit of the hop! Your blog is absolutely too cute <3 Sure to stop by some other time too! Happy Reading and have a great weekend!

Take Care,
Lisa (Badass Bookie)
http://badassbookie.blogspot.com/

Chelle said...

I'm stopping over from the Hop and am now following. I loved your Top Ten book covers, btw. Happy Hopping!

WonderBunny said...

I'm hopping by to say hi from the book blog hop! I haven't read anything by Amis but the book sounds interesting.

I hope you'll stop by and say hi to me at http://www.cookiesbooksbikes.com/

Have a great weekend!

pussreboots said...

Happy Friday from California. Pussreboots.

4iqread said...

Just hopping by to say hello. I am currently enjoying Alison Weir's "Captive Queen".

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Just stopping by to say hello. I saw your site over at the hop and thought it would be nice to visit.

Ashley said...

Hey! I'm visiting from the hop!

Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing

bibliophiliac said...

Stopping by on the hop--I'm already a follower! Have a great weekend...

Book Soulmates said...

Hoppy Friday :D

Got a new list of books that we got this week. Stop by our BLOG if you wanna check them out!

Have a great weekend!
♥Isalys
Book ♥ Soulmates

Melissa said...

Visiting from the Hop ... I'll have to check out that Birth Year Challenge!

Readaholics said...

Hey you, just stopping by on the hop and follow. Have a great weekend. Happy Reading!!!
See ya!
Readaholics Anonymous

Anonymous said...

I'm just hopping by to say hi. I hope you're having a great weekend.

Marcie said...

I came by from the hop and became a follower. I hope you have a great weekend.
http://2readornot2read-loves2read.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Stopping by from the hop. Have a great weekend!
talesandtreats.blogspot.com